Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mary Died..

I was called today by Mary's son and told that she had died, yesterday. I was than expected to continue working? How was it even possible? My beloved Mary had died! I really like all of my clients but, Mary? I LOVED her! She was 78 and just a spit fire!(she acted like she was 20) Such a joy to be with and oh how she could tell stories of her life! I loved listening to how she grew up, her families big house with the servants. So fun to listen to as she never sounded snobbish or anything it was just the way it was. I loved hearing of the trips she would take to the far away places when she was a young lady. Her stories of her beloved husband who had died a few years back were so wonderful to hear. I would go there and spend the first 15 minutes just talking then she would follow me around the house and we would talk the whole time. A home that should have taken an hour to clean always took two and a half! I loved the times when we would go for coffee or breakfast and just sit for hours hearing about her life. I was so fascinated by her and her life. She grew up "privileged" and it continued throughout her life. But, you would never know it the way she acted. She was such a dear sweet lady! I will always remember the way she said goodbye.. It was always "toodles". I called her house after I was informed of her death just so I could hear her answering machine tell me "toodles" one more time. I did get to see her last Friday and she was not doing well then. I made her soup and sat on her bed talking with her. When I left I hugged her and we told each other I love you, as we always did. Little did I know it was the last time I would see my "Mary" again. At least I did get a goodbye and I am trying to be happy for her as she is now in heaven with our Lord and Savior and her beloved husband. But, I cant help the tears or the sadness I feel at never being able to see her face again here on earth.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know how much she meant to you and she will be missed - I will pray through this time for you and her family. I love you!

DeAnna said...

Nonny,
I am so sorry for your loss, I can tell how much Mary meant to you !! Just remember you will see her again !! I'm thinking of you, and I love you !!

Nonny

Tammy said...

Hi Nonny,
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers!!! Me2u
Nonny