Sunday, October 5, 2008

Is it wrong?

Is it wrong to be secretly smiling when my Grandson cries when seeing is other Grandma? Well, that's what happened and I am trying to find some guilt in those feelings but it is really hard! Story: Mini Coop, my 6 month old grandson was at the celebration yesterday while we kicked off the birthday season and I was holding him and he was being his usual self. Smiling and cooing so cutely, when in walked his other grandparents. Who by the way live only 20 minutes away but for whatever reason only see the boys at birthdays and Christmas. (that in itself is a tragedy as I can only go a few days without seeing "my boys" and when I don't see them I am talking to them on the phone. (something I detested doing, seeing or hearing about until they came along) Anyway, off track again.....
So, they come in and poor mini coop took one look at them and started bawling. I walked into the kitchen with him and he stopped. Then trying to let them see this little cutie I went into the dining room where they were all sitting and he took one look at them and started crying again. Poor kid it was actually kind of funny as he would look away and turn to me and smile like realizing oh its OK I am still in Grandmas arms. Then he just could not help himself and he would turn again and they would try to talk to him. (not the baby way like I do , but the way you would talk to an adult, and I am sure that didn't help) I mean really he is six months old! It was really funny cause he acted like he was watching a horror movie, where you are scared and just keep looking away, quickly! How bad of a grandma am I that I found it funny? Even when sissy was holding him and his back was to them the "other grandma" took him out of sissy's arms and he must have thought I took him cause he was fine until he turned around and saw it was her and started bawling again! So, again I ask how bad am I?? My oldest grandson who's 5, I call him "boy". (I love saying "hello boy" to him when he pries the phone from his mother begging and pleading with her to let him talk to grandma, he always knows its me) Anyway, the boy loves his fathers dad. Always so excited to see grandpa that I could not help but ask them how they could go a day without wanting to call him all the time? I was not in any way trying to be mean or anything it was just an observation as I cant go a day without talking to him! He is so much fun on the phone, the love he shows is truly a love like no other! Morale of the story... I am so grateful to God for these boys, its so sad that they cant have all their grandparents all the time! Oh well, they seem pretty happy with me! Am I bad for secretly smiling? Maybe so?

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

No it is not wrong...he loves you, he sees you, he knows you, they don't see him, they don't know him & their love for him is only because he is blood related....it is not a bond. Not the way you have one with him - or any of the boys!