Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who says God doesnt have a sense of humor?

Not me!! I just got a call from my dear friend Darla and she told me that she is in fact not only turning 40 next month but that just yesterday she found out that she is over 3 months pregnant!! Funny stuff people!! She had no idea! I always thought there was no way one could not know they were pregnant. I mean really?? How do you not know?? In the case of Darla it is clear as to why she did not know. Background: She has always wanted to be a Mom but had many miscarriages and sadness when trying to reach her goal. Then 4 years ago she was finally blessed with a beautiful little girl that is probably the cutest little girl I have ever seen! So after much disappointment and sadness she was given what she wanted most. End of story?? Nope! God being the humorous One that He is has now given her another gift! Sure she had signs that to anyone else that had not gone through what she had would have thought of being pregnant first thing. Not Darla, she dismissed it all as this or that until she could no longer dismiss it. She says she will now be one of those 70 year old parents at her child's graduation, I informed her she would only be 57 or so so that's not to bad!! Funny stuff! Anyone reading this please stop and say a prayer for Darla? She is gonna need them!! Funny stuff people, just when you think you know what is going on He reminds us that He truly is in charge of it all and that He has a great sense of humor!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah Darla!! God is a funny funny guy...He never stops amazing us!!

DeAnna said...

woow whoo !! I am so happy for Darla, I know of her past troubles so this is such great news.