Friday, November 21, 2008

Shattered glass and finally a day off...

Yep, yesterday I was at work and cleaning the shower of a new client and of course the glass door slipped off track and when I tried to put it back on track the darn thing shattered in a million pieces! Nice way to start a day when I still had 2 more houses to do! Glass was everywhere and I of course had bare feet. Boy, it was fun going downstairs looking like a complete idiot to tell this new client I had just shattered her shower! Happy Thursday!! She was pretty nice to me about it though and informed me that her husband had done the same thing the year b/4! HELLO???? Had she told me that when she hired me I would have been extra careful with it! Oh well, I got the shop vac and started cleaning it all up! It took me a good hour to do so and I was then very behind on my schedule. ( I really cant wait to get the bill for that error) In all the years of cleaning I think the biggest thing I have broken was a plate. I then went from there to my next house (next door) I really tried to regroup and until I began cleaning Sharon's did I begin to get out of the mood the shattered glass had put me in. I think it was because I was in familiar territory (3 years doing Sharon's) and I got over myself, finished Sharon's and on to Polly's. Why is it that when you are now behind you see all kinds of those darn little spider webs in EVERY corner there is?? More behind! I am sooooo glad Thursday is over and it is Friday!! Aaaaaah, Friday that wonderful day that I have off! So, good to see it again as it has been so long since I could wake up and send Drama queen to school and then jump back into bed. (drama queen had cleaned the house after school, w/o being asked yesterday so I had nothing to do) (think she was trying to get off being grounded early?? Didn't work but I got the house cleaned. lol) I really need this day as Saturday my Sissy is MAKING me go get portraits taken with all of our family! While it is a nice concept for the Children, I detest pictures!! I am sure being 30 pounds overweight is why I cant stand them. Whatever the reason I am not looking forward to it! But at least I have Friday off.........

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

suck it up, go get the pictures, and I better get one.

love you Nonny

Tammy said...

Bite me!!I am not buying any!!

Jennifer said...

I will get you one Nonny!!
Sorry about the glass - I am still pissed that they didn't tell you about it...

You know you are excited about the pictures! If anythign you should be excited because I am! I really am happy that you are going. =)

DeAnna said...

yeah what she said.

Tammy said...

I am glad the two of you have such great humor together!