Thursday, November 13, 2008

The economy and another cancellation

When will this madness end?? I got another cancellation of service from a client tonight. (Could she not have called after dinner so I could have at least finished it?) I realize that the economy sucks right now but really, does the economy really need to get me involved? I am perfectly happy in my little world right now. (actually, not right now as I just had a cancellation) Actually, it is not the cancellation that irks me because I know people are falling on hard times. Its the fact that she was to be done next Tuesday and she calls me at dinner on Thursday to cancel! Doesn't everyone live on a budget?? I mean, REALLY ? Let me explain how a budget works:You enter in your bills for the month then you enter in your income and BAM, there is your budget! Calling your cleaning service 4 days b/4 cleaning, to cancel is not cool! Do they not know that I am taking a road trip to Iowa (of all places) to see Mercyme? With the trip this weekend there was no room for error on the part of my budget!!!!! Apparently my (ex) client, did not get the memo? Actually, I had just left all my clients (in the past month including her) my cancellation policy and no where in it did it say that a 4 day notice was OK. I was nice to her though as I know times are tough. She said she would call if she could afford me again? Sissy, would you like to reveal what my answer will be and why??

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can state teh answer which will be a big fat no - however I don't know if I should state the why...it my offend some....lol

I am truly sorry that they cancelled...so close to their cleaning especially so close to their scheduled time!

Tammy said...

Thank you, sissy yr so sweet!

April said...

It will be ok! Be thankful for the clients you have and remember things could be worse. (you could be ME!) Sorry she didn't give you a notice, that sucks! Don't worry, Be happy!!

DeAnna said...

Sorry Nonny, but Aprils comment was dang funny !!! Have fun with Mercy me, and don't even think about who oh yeah ur ex client.

luv u !!

Tammy said...

U guys are all funny!!