Monday, November 17, 2008

Judes left and Mercyme in Iowa, all in one

On Saturday November 15th Judy left again for Florida,
(dramatic pause.....................................................AGAIN.)
A little back story: The first year she went it was only for a month or two and she really didn't want to do that and now 3 years later she leaves earlier and earlier and cant wait to go. Heck next year she may leave in September and come back in July? Oh wait, she says she will never stay that long cause she cant stand the humidity! Poor baby! Anyway, my point is that I will miss her greatly! She is as close to a Mom that I can get as my own really sucked and God sent Judy! Anyway, she is gone and so I must thank her for leaving the same day as my Mercyme concert in Iowa! Maybe she planned it that way so I would not freak on her so bad?? Oh well, Judes is gone and no more shopping at Kohls or the numerous lunch dates till she returns in "June". (OK so I will fly down at the end of January, but that don't make the story dramatic and pitiful)

Now for the same day Mercyme concert!! All I can say is...... WOW!!!
I have seen more of their concerts than I have fingers for but this one by far was the best they have EVER done!! I told the kids and myself that after I stalked them (pookys word) in Iowa I was gonna stop following them around and then they did the best show ever!! How can I stop now?? Their concerts are like a natural high and given my past I am all for that!! lolololol

The extra bonus was that I went with my sister and we had a good time! (except for the fact that there is only flat lands in Iowa and every gas station there puts a 100.00 hold on your credit card!! (how sad was that after the 3rd try of pumping gas?)
Also, this weekend I learned that I really just need to take things in stride. But I cant seem to do that. If I make a plan I expect that plan to come through! I think that comes from my childhood and NOTHING ever turning out the way I was told it would? Disappointment after disappointment, always being told things would be one way and they were always the other and that never meant good! I think of my client/friend Polly who has this attitude of ... oh well no big deal, blah blah blah and she was born with that attitude so there is really no hope for me!! Anyway to point out again: Judes is gone, Mercyme is awesome, I had a nice car ride with my sister and going with the flow is a personality trait you are born with and there is no hope for me!!! lololol

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have to agree...it is a personality trait and you were not given it...but hey that's what I am here for - to fix what I can to help you calm down!!!

I am so happy the concert was wonderful & I am sorry that Judy is gone - although if she had never left to go to Florida - do you think you would have ever gone there for a vacation?? Something to ponder....

Tammy said...

blah, blah, blah