Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A bill collector comes calling

I get home today and there is this not so nice message from my ex father in law telling me there is a civil suit going to be filed in my name for a past due bill. Well, anyone that knows me knows that I pay all my bills, in full monthly so as not to ever have a problem. (I have lived that way since my divorce. well actually about 2 years after the divorce because for the 1st 2 years I had no money and I put them all in a box. Which my nephew found to be a good way to pay bills) So, I call the company that left their number and find out that it was in fact a credit card that was in my ex's name and now miraculously 10 years later it shows up in my name. In all fairness I thought I had taken care of it many times over the years. Every time anyone called I would explain it and send them my proof of documents and then I would follow up call and they would tell me it was taken care of. Bunch of big fat liars!!!! I was finally told today that it would be marked "refusal to pay" and sent to the next agency each time I sent anything in the past. So, I talk to a supervisor and he informs me all the ex has to do is tell the truth that it was his card and he filed bankruptcy on it. Well, NOT! He said why should I? I told him because it was the truth and well giving him that kind of power is just to much for his brain! So, I give up with the weasel and the lady handling it calls back and at this point I am so upset I am crying as I cant believe I married someone so far from who and where I am in life. Nancy seems to take pity on me, if I would just calm down! (me calm down?? lol) She told me that if I say a prayer for my ex she would take care of it for me. (I did inform her I usually do daily as he really needs them) She also pointed out that
" the fire we walk through makes us stronger"
If that is the case then I should be one tough chick by now??!!
Moral of the story??? There are still some nice people in this world and then there are the not so nice... I prefer to surround myself with the nice ones!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hope I qualify as nice??? But naughty can be fun....

DeAnna said...

I'm with you , I think I've walked my share of fires already. Hope I'm one of the nice ones too.

love u Nonny !!!
P.S. I see he is still a creep !!!