Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A day in life....

These days just get goofier and goofier! It starts off with "Mr. Yuhas" (the weather man) informing me that we have gone up 20 degrees since yesterday morning and we are now at a "balmy" 5 degrees. Anyone in Minnesota (not Judes as she has no idea what a Minnesota winter is anymore) knows that anything above 0 degrees is in fact "balmy" but really we don't need to be reminded of how silly that sounds in the morning! He then informs me that Thursday we will be in a heat wave of 20 degrees. (again above 0, so yippee)
Happy Wednesday! I decide that before I can really begin my day, I must take the car to get washed(very, very dirty, so dirty that I will pay to have it cleaned) . Being very lazy I spend 26.00 to have someone do everything. I pay and leave and get a mile down the road to find slush being splashed all over my car! There goes 26.00! Actually, they have a no dirt for 48 hours guarantee. Boy am I going to utilize that little clause tomorrow!
Then it was off to do a bid for the son of my dear client that had died. Got the job (THANK YOU, JESUS) and went to the next client's. Spent a whole hour there (20 minutes talking) lol Then it was off to my mechanic to pay for Pookys car, buy the "dil" and myself some windshield wipers. (I think new ones every year are mandatory in this frozen tundra we live in) I thanked Greg the owner of the shop and told him I was happy to have single handily increased is December business with all the work I have paid for in the last week! He laughed thinking I was kidding. (NOT) Then off to the mall to meet Sissy and the boys so she could get some shopping done. OOOOOH, those boys are soooo flippin cute I cant stand it! Then came home and about 5:30 pm the drama queen informs me that she told one of her classes that she would make "puppy chow" for their party tomorrow??? Hello?? Seriously?? Why do kids wait to tell you the night before?? And I don't mean just the drama queen, all of those little former ankle biters do it!! Yes, of course I ran to Target and got the stuff so "she" could make it! That done, I sealed around the air conditioner with that lovely 3m plastic and now my day is done!! How was yours??

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

My day was pretty god thanks for asking.
Your day sounds like a hoot!! lol =)
Oh and I would like credit for my part in the puppy chow prep!

Tammy said...

What credit??? Did u melt the choc? mix the crap? bag it neatly?? NO, U did not!!!!!!! Heck, u didnt even know it had vanilla in it! Find me a phone yet??

Jennifer said...

I thought I had done that already????