Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Turning 40 something

I am in fact turning 40 something tomorrow! Yuck! When I say 40 something I really am not sure of the exact age as I always have to ask my Sissy how old I actually am as I don't have the time or the desire to calculate it myself. (please no one remind me) So anyway, the birthday celebration begins tomorrow, yippee! I think Sissy is more excited every year for my birthday than I am. Actually, I know she is. Now I am going to go off track.. Big surprise I know...
But speaking of Sissy....A very dear friend of hers told her that maybe it was time to cut the umbilical cord from her Mommy (meaning me). Really?? Is that what a Mother and Daughter should do when the daughter has a family of her own? I think not!! How sad would that be? OK, so we talk about 10 times a day. (no kidding) We have the same cell carrier and our sprint to sprint minutes are in the 1000's. We get together for dinner at least 1/2 times a week in the winter and about 4/5 in the summer. We cook, we laugh(she makes me laugh ALL the time) and we whine together on any given day. She refers to me as her "BF" on her blog and anytime we need justifying one need or another for each other, we are there! Whats wrong with that? We have our own lives and our own friends but the bond we share is very solid. Does she tick me off or I her? Yep , you betcha! So what, we get over it and we have rules and boundaries we don't cross .(she follows them better than I do) She loves the Lord and she loves me so who cares if we are "bf's" we are adults free to choose who we want to be close to and we choose each other! So, there! I believe I answered my own question!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just so everyone knows...She is turning 29.
Happy Birthday!!!

DeAnna said...

Happy Birthday My Nonny !!!

She can be ur BF---I just hope it's not a pity thing, cuz you know it will end soon . Right ?

luv u

Tammy said...

Your twisted, Nonny!! lol