Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend story

Its Sunday and the weekend has blown past. It started on Friday(my day off) nice and quite, sending the drama queen off to school, (don't you just love the kids that are in school) Friday night was spent with Nonny and the Boys having dinner at my house then me and Nonny ditched the kids and went shopping! That was so much fun to do when it is just adults. When you get to buy what you want and there are no kids there to beg you for stuff or to whine about it. Then of course being the Nonny that she is on the way home at 11pm she realizes that she cant find her check card! (where have I heard that b/4? Oh yeah last year when she did the same thing) Not the best way to end a nice evening but, she is used to it by now as she always seems to do it! lol None the less it was a nice evening! Saturday I got up to go with Sissy and Kels to look at the family portraits we had taken and other than my double chin they were all beautiful. Its amazing how fast time goes. It was hard not to think how old the kids have gotten and how much our family has grown. (doesn't help with Sissy spitting them out year after year) How does time get so far away and the kids grow up so fast that you blink and they are adults? Jen looked so pretty and so adult like that its hard to imagine that she is so old and married with 3 kids! There is one picture of my SIL Bri with his boys that just makes you stop to thank and praise God for sending such a wonderful man for Sissy. He is such a sweet boy! Seeing my Pooky bear in a picture with his fiance was weird. Even my little boy is all grown up. They look so lovingly at each other and again it makes you praise God! Even my drama queen looked all grown up. Until Saturday I had not seen a picture of her that made me think that. My point? I have a beautiful family that I am so grateful for! Anyway, off track again: Saturday night was spent with my Sissy making meals for our freezers. Its amazing all the meals we made together and how cheap the meals were when doing it like that! I mean really?? Where can you get lasagna for a family of 4 for $5.50 a pan and homemade? I will tell you... My house!! It was fun and when we are done today we will have about 30 or more meals each in our freezer's, for really cheap and with the economy the way it, that's a great bargain.
Now its Sunday morning and I just watched (for the 3/4 time) MercyMe Christmas sessions on GMC. (thanks to Tivo) What a way to start the day! I could watch and listen to them 24/7 and never get bored!
It has been a very busy, productive and fun weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Jennifer said...

What a great time! Yesterday was fun and nothing like the meals!

Tammy said...

Hi Paul!! Who are you?? lol

DeAnna said...

Friday was a blast , cash card or not !!! Can't wait to get together again !! Remember the family picture the kids took by surprise for you? They look so young and little. lol

love you !!!!!