Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflection's of 2008

2008 is gone and today we begin a New Year! Its kind of sad as I really enjoyed 2008. Don't get me wrong, it had its ups and downs but overall it was a fantastic year! It started with a bang as I flew to Florida to see Judes and all we did for 5 days was shop and eat and see the sights! It was so awesome to get to spend such quality one on one time with her. We had lunch looking out at the Ocean not 40 or so feet in front of us on a deck! We shopped until I think even we, could do no more! Then I came home to full force tax season and got to work, only to fly back to Florida a month later to see Mercyme at the strawberry festival! What more could one ask for than to have Judes and Mercyme all in one?? Another great time in Florida spent this time seeing the greatest band of all time and laying in the sun around Judy's pool! And that is only the beginning of 2008. March brought me a new Grandson. Although, I had hoped for a girl this time there was instead another boy (count them 3 now) and what a sweet little boy little Cooper is! The joy he brings to my heart when upon seeing me and I make my silly "hello baaaabbbbieeeeeeeee's to him, that smile would melt any ones! Spring time brought the beginning of gardening season as I went to work on adding more beautiful flowers to my gardens. It also brought the big wuss back from Florida to help me! Summer time brought the gardens in bloom and bbq's on the deck 3/4 days a week with Sissy and her boys. She comes after the boy's nap and we sit on the deck and wait for the big guy to get here from work. We then all sit on the deck lounging and eating as we watch and play with the boys. The pool is a great source of fun, as is their truck and tree swings were too. Although, it went by way to fast, it was lots of fun watching them and my gardens grow. Summer also brought family out (nonny, dawny. yes that's it for family but what does one really need?) We bbq'd and played Frisbee and kickball together and although I still have a muscle ache from sliding into 2nd base it to was great fun! Seeing summer roll into fall was sad, as I was having so much fun with my family! Really, what could be better than sitting on the deck, drinking a glass of wine while talking to Sissy? (nothing but Mercyme comes close)
Fall brought the Drama queen into her first year of high school. She had finally gotten all she had ever wanted out of school and the kids in it, when she started 9th grade! I praise God for His giving her what she had longed for in school. (friends and mainstream classes, where she fits in). Now if I can just get her to stop the drama?
The fall also brought Pooky into his second year of college. He has decided to go into law enforcement, to follow in the footsteps of his mentor. Although the profession is a bit scary I am so proud of his decision. Pooky also became engaged to his high school sweetheart.
The ending of fall brought me to a nice weekend bonding with my Sister at .... ready for it?????? A MERCYME concert!! Big surprise, I know! I had planned a great weekend traveling to Iowa (that should have been my first clue) for us to see them.We had great music for the trip as we both made up Cd's for it. It's funny how much alike we are, as we both had a lot of the same music. It was great as we listened to classic country hits with a bit of rock thrown in and of course Mercyme! We really acted like a couple of high school girls that weekend! Although the hotel really sucked and it threw a hitch into my well laid plans(something I don't handle well) seeing Mercyme made up for it! It truly was their best concert ever. (I should know, I have been to many of them) Seeing the tears roll down my sisters face when Bart was talking before he went into a powerful rendition of "bring the rain" was something I will never forget! The seats were awesome and the purpose of the trip was clear and I couldn't of asked for anything more! The ending of fall also brought the cancellation of a few clients due to the economic mess of our country. I started to believe I was going to be hit really hard and that my own business may be in jeopardy. But it mellowed and I have come out victorious with new clients and a less hectic schedule. God really is so awesome and I learned that if I just keep reminding myself that He is in control (that spoken from a true control freak) than all is good! Winter started with the death of my dear client Mary and a few new clients. Winter also meant Judes going back to Florida. (the big wuss) Then Christmas came and we celebrated the birth of our Lord and Savior!! What an awesome time with my family! New years eve followed a week later and after work I spent the rest of the day and evening at Sissy's playing with the boys. After they went to bed, we played games and munched on food. Another good time had by all! My family, what more could one want??
again, nothing!! (maybe a win for the Vikings on Sunday)
Its funny as I reflect on 2008, the economy of our Country sucks, with no end in sight and yet life was overall really good for me and my family! I cant help but give praise and thanks to the one who gives me and mine it all, our God in Heaven. Thank you for all you have given, taken away and the things that are yet to come. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your kingdom through Jesus Christ. At this point I ask that He continue to watch over us in 2009, keep Himself the center of our lives? Also, as you know I colored my hair last night and because Jazz was not here to rinse it for me, I broke out in an unbelievably horrible rash on my head, face and back of neck. I itch like I have a million head lice running around my head and I look hideous. FYI: I was trying to save money for my Florida trip in 4 weeks!! Could you just take the itch away?? I learned my lesson........

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I totally agree...2008 was great and sad to see it go - but excited about the possibilities of 2009. PS. do you need me to come over and pick out the bugs????....lol