Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Braces and the bad Mommy

Here's another bad Mommy moment.... So the drama queen has had braces for the past 2 1/2 years. (she wore the dentist out and the removal was scheduled) She woke up this morning very excited but also looking very scared and when I asked her why she was so scared looking she said cause she was really worried that her teeth would have big holes in them when they took the braces off. (even typing, I am still laughing at it) (again... bad mommy) Where did she get such an idea?? Yep, from me, the bad mommy! I couldn't think of any other way to get her to brush and floss! In all fairness this was after 2 years of her crappy brushing that I resorted to that story! It took a lot to get her those braces as I was still paying for Pookys too, so she was going to take care of them! Anyway: this morning I still didn't ease her mind and I dropped her off at school where DIL was going to pick her up and bring her to Dr. Veil. The drama queen calls me again as she is waiting for DIL and this time she is truly frightened telling me that she is praying she brushed her teeth enough. Poor thing, I took pity on her and started laughing, telling her that I made it up so she would brush properly. Nothing but silence, I don't think she believed me. (I am that good) So, she goes and calls me all excited that her braces were now off and there were no holes!! Funny, she still believed my lie!!
Question: How bad of a Mom am I?? Is it wrong to lie even in this case when your child's well being is at stake? I don't know the answer that's why I am asking the question... Oh well, I never have to deal with braces again, Dr. Veil can finally get that pool and the Drama queen looks beautiful!

8 comments:

DeAnna said...

u are such a bad mommy, but at least you don't have to take her to the bathroom....

love u !!!

Jennifer said...

Whatever works as a mom I say do it!

KJ said...

hey--its not a lie! it could happen!!

Susanz Place said...

bumped into your blog - love it - especially this story - i agree with kj it is not a lie - i live by this code with my son - you see the wacky could indeed happen and no one could prove other wise - therefore you did not lie - because where there is a lie there is no God - so just know this is NOT A LIE - i'll be back later to visit again

Blessings - susan

The True Princess said...

ok. so finally got it to work. pain in the ass. of course i forgot my password. anyways you should have her take a picture of her new pretty teeth.

The True Princess said...

btw...you better appreciated that comment. it took me weeks! LOVE YOU!

Tammy said...

susanz place~ nice to have u here! I love yr rational!
true princess~ I am soo proud of u!! lolol

Judy said...

o.k. so you could of thought of something else. But at least her teeth came out well. Can hardly wait to see them. By the way true princess it took me awhile to remember my pass word, but them I allowed I'm old. Love