Saturday, January 17, 2009

Heat wave in Minnesota and I am bored!

Yes, a heat wave has come to Minnesota it went from 40 below windchill yesterday to a balmy 15 today! Break out the swim suits! It was so cold yesterday that our very own Bloomington public school system called for no school. Of course it was not because of the cold really as they left a message blaming the State for making them use bio diesel in their buses! I found that really funny as they actually named the State as the reason for no school! Funny stuff people! There went my Friday off to myself and with Monday being a holiday there goes my Monday to myself too! Poor me?! It is now Saturday afternoon and I am bored!!! I mean really bored! Nothing to do as the house is cleaned and my taxes have been filed! I could clean this office but, that would mean going through paperwork and that just don't sound like much fun!
"The boy" (my sweet 5 year old grandson) called me (without the parents knowing) to tell me Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let him watch the "favorite" movie I had loaned him last night! How smart is he to dial Grandma when the big bad parents say no?? I will tell you... Very smart! I think he takes after me! What a sweet little boy! All he wants to do in life is watch a little movie and they have to deny him of that? What is wrong with parents these days? Poor thing, but Grandma to the rescue as I had him put Mommy on the phone. She did not find it as amusing as I did. Go figure! Anyway, he got his movie and all is right with his world again! Grandchildren are truly the greatest thing! I am so glad I am young enough to really enjoy them! 12 days to Florida... Look out Judes!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Clarification...he did NOT get the movie right away. He still had to wait about 15 minutes till I was done with what I was doing. =)

Weather is great - Better get my Chaco's on!

KJ said...

hahahahaha funny story about nikolas....he is sly...haha

Tammy said...

Then sissy told a fib as she told me u would do it in 5 minutes! Again, bad parenting! Oh well there is always hope with DIL and her children?!