Friday, January 2, 2009

Repercussions of coloring my hair

Who would have thought that there would be repercussions to coloring my hair myself?? All I was trying to do was save a little money for my Florida trip and do it myself! WRONG!!! Although, I had broken out in a rash a few times before doing it, I thought I could manage it and I would save money! Again... WRONG!! I did it on the 30th and by this morning I woke up and thought something was in my eye, when I tried to remove it I realized it was excess skin and shot up out of bed to investigate. WOW, the site utterly took my breath away! Talk about a hideous site to be had!! One side of my face was so badly swelled that I looked like something the guy who made Frankenstein had just created! Not only did I have a rash all over my head and it itched like I had head lice but my face was swelled at least 3/4 times what it should be! Yuck!! I called the Doctor and took some of Pookys allergy medicine and waited.... Nothing happened other than my throat beginning to close up! Nice start to the New Year!! I called the Doctor and then asked Pooky to drive me! I was soooo embarrassed I hid behind my coat which made people stare more! Went into my Doctors office and my usual nurses did not even recognise me until I spoke then they all busted out laughing knowing it was me! So, 2 shots of adrenaline and some steroids later I was on my way back home with 4 different prescriptions for the next 2 weeks. When we got home we found out Pookys computer was ready for the exchange and we headed to Best buy as the poor boy had gone long enough with out it and being the good mom I am I put on Kels very big glasses and went to get his computer. I really must have look hideous, for everyone to see with me in Kels sunglasses. (what we do for our children?? It really is so bad that I have broken my normally "no pictures of me" theme and post it here for you to see!! Morale of the story??? Pay for the salon to color my hair, no matter how cheap I want to be! GTG: I need to scratch and no free hands!

5 comments:

KJ said...

actually Frankenstein was the one who made the monster! lol

Jennifer said...

There are no words.....

April said...

Oh my! I hope you are feeling better! Be thankful your hair didn't fall out. I love u!

Judy said...

That is sooooooooooooooooo bad. Yes,next time pay the money or let your hair go gray.

DeAnna said...

OMG !!! I have never seen it this bad before. I'm glad your feeling better !!! If you didn't tell us it was you, I would have NEVER known it was you !!!!!

get better, Love you !!!