Sunday, March 8, 2009

Holy on earth?

Can anyone really be holy on earth?? I was wondering that on my way home today and was stuck trying to find the answer? Can we as mere humans actually be holy or is it just a goal we must strive for without ever actually reaching it? Is there anyone that does not sin (on earth), there by making them holy? Still I come up with no. I try daily not to sin but it seems to be a unattainable task. First of all the eating thing.. Yes I need to lose 25 pounds and if our bodies are to be our temples on loan from God we should then not be overweight? Right? So, I sin repeatedly daily just on that score. Second, the thoughts one has while driving towards the crazy people in the other cars. Again, sinning and those are just the basics! I would not want to keep track of all the sinning I must do on a daily basis without even thinking it may be sin. I believe even our thoughts are sin so again, big sinner. I mean I am basically a decent person but how does one obtain Holy status when we live on earth? Is it even possible? I think not!? Just a question I was pondering on my way home from Sissy's.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - I don't think people on earth can be without sin. Sometimes I find it kind of hard to try for something that I don't believe is acheivable. But we still have to try, right?

Tammy said...

Amen, sister!!! I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks that!! Thank you!!

Jennifer said...

To be holy would mean we were free of sin. If we were free of sin we would not have needed Jesus to come and die for those sins.
God excepts us in our unholiness - if we were holy in our own right we would not have the need to lean on Him.

so really we are better being sinful - then we need Him more!! lol

Sorry this is late - I some how missed this post!

Anonymous said...

Good points Jen!