Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bad Grandma??

I went to watch baby Cooper and Jackers last night so that the kids could take "the boy" to his kindergarten registration. (Don't even get me started on that one) Anyway, I walk in and the 2 older boys right away asked if they could watch "Transformers" Sissy immediately said no because neither had taken a nap or rested at all. I said sorry boys but Mommy said no. The kids and the boy eventually left and I settled in the boys room/toy heaven to play with Jackers and the baby. We played for what seems like days but was more like minutes. We read books until Jackers could not keep his finger out of his nose, no matter how much I scolded him. He seems very fascinated with pulling a booger out of his nose and making it go back and forth between his lips. His fascination with doing this, at first always makes me giggle. Anyway, way off track now...
After the books and playing, I gave them a bath and we went into the living room to watch TV. He asked if we could watch Transformers and being a good Grandma reminded him that "Mommy" said no. We started to look on the TV for something on, as it was past bed time. Jackers was jumping and of course fell, hitting his face on the end table. He was bawling so hard and I felt so bad as I imagined Sissy coming home any minute asking "what did u do to Jackers"? My thoughts immediately went to the Transformers movie he wanted to watch and in panic told him we could watch it. He asked between gulps of sobs about Mommy and I said "Grandma says its OK" So, we are a 1/2 hour into the movie and Sissy texts to let me know that she can see her house. In a great panic I tell Jackers Mommy is coming home and we need to take the movie out and put it back. He jumps up and hands me another movie saying "here grandma put this one in" he of course knew we were doing something wrong and his Grandma just showed him how to scam his parents! BAD GRANDMA!
The kids come in the door and I have to give Jackers kudos as he never said a word about the movie we had watched! I thought for sure he would bust me out as he loves to get reactions from people! Nope, he must have sensed that was not something to do and he kept our secret! So, basically I taught my sweet dear Jackers at 3 how to scam his parents and cover it up. Again, bad grandma!!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

so many comments.....just not enough time or energy....although he did bust you today...