Thursday, February 26, 2009

Voice of God

How do you know when the voice talking to you is the voice of God, as some people say or its your own voice and at this point your talking to yourself? Good question or bad question? I was trying to figure that out this morning after remembering the "voice" in my head told me to eat a slice of Sissys very delicious banana cake with cream cheese frosting and then after the wonderful dinner she made I had to have another slice! Now I know that voice could not have been God, as we are to treat our bodies as temples and not overindulge on those type of things. Then there is the voice that tells me to smack the drama queen when she starts to mouth off and in 15 years I have listened to that voice 2 times (maybe 3) and in all fairness it is out of thousands. So that cant be God either. So when is it God? I don't know and that is my question? Any answers? Do people REALLY hear Gods voice? Or is it what they think God would say? If it is Gods voice, can we then determine it is only saying the "good things" and we are doing the bad thoughts? If that is the case, then that don't seem to fair? Or should the question be... With me hearing voices , should I actually be committed?? Hummmm, I wonder? It could be a nice break from tax returns and toilets!! Something to think about???

5 comments:

KJ said...

hmm...i think God's voice is more your conscience...like the things you choose not to do because of how you would feel if you did them...

diverging from that..the more you practice self control the easier it will become. for example, the other day i was considering not working out...well, a voice inside me got pissed and yelled at me for even thinking about it..then i got angry because my other voice was right and making me work out, even though i didnt really want to. haha. back in the day when i worked out sparsely, if i didnt want to work out, i wouldnt.

Jennifer said...

I will start by saying - definately committed!

Well at least it was banana cake and not chocolate - a full serving of fruit! LOL
I think that if God's voice speaks to us - then Satan's voice can shrill at us as well?? We make our decisions based on the knowledge we have in God and knowing good from bad.
Yes, we over indulge..thankfully He forgives us. We are in a constant battle and well I think if you go with the voice that speaks reason and goodness - more often than not you will be following the path God has lit.
Either way - do the best you can - God loves you and you can't be hard on yourself for not being perfect...

And way to go on only smacking 2 times - she's lucky I haven't at least a dozen!!

Anonymous said...

LOL at being committed for hearing voices in your head!

Good question! If you figure out the answer, you can write a book, make millions, and never work again!

I think I hear God's voice when I pray specifically about something. Sometimes I'll feel an answer inside myself that I feel like God put there.

Yes, the devil, temptation and ourselves can get in the way of hearing this voice. But I think it's God when it gives me a certain peaceful feeling and I know it's the right thing to do.

Tammy said...

You have all answered what I already knew!! Go u guys!! Well, said by all of you! lol
I think my whole point was that the voices I hear need to have me committed?? I can actually distinguish between them all but there are soooooooo many of them! lol I LOVE the fact that you three are truly the voices of reason! lol

Tammy said...

FYI: anna the "peaceful feeling" sums it all up on how to distinguish them! Well said!