Monday, June 1, 2009

Micro fiber and a terrible nights sleep

What an awful nights sleep I had! I was so looking forward to going to bed last night as someone picked me up a brand new , what were supposed to be 1000 thread count sheet set. I am addicted to super high thread counts of cotton. (Here comes the part where I trust the one that picked me up the sheets will not take offense as she did not know and I love her dearly, but I go for humor and this is a very funny story to tell) Back to the story. So I get home with the sheets and open them up. They are a beautiful green that matches my duvet cover perfectly. I am a bit puzzled by the package as all it says is 1000 Egyptian on the front. Not 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton as I expected. (second clue) I take them out to wash them and I cant find any tag that indicates what kind of fabric it is. I wash and dry them and as I take them out of the dryer I read on the back of the "made in china" tag that they are 100% micro fiber! Are you kidding me???? Reeeeaalllllly??? Micro fiber?? So, dumb me puts them on her bed anyway as I had just spent 30.00 on them. (first clue) I jump in and they are very soft but my feet are not and all I hear is that horrible crunching sound as my feet slide around.( sandal feet are already here) YUCK! I quickly get up and put some goats milk lotion on them and a pair of socks hoping to soften my feet quickly. Its 80 degrees out and I am in socks. I jump in bed at 10 to watch the news and my feet are better and only a little crunching sound. I figure just get through the night and I can change the sheets back to my 600 real cotton thread count in the morning? I look at the clock and its 11 and by now I am realizing I cant just go to sleep so I go get my 600 count top sheet and wrap my feet in it hoping to just get through the night? Wrong, I then woke up at 2 and now even my hands are conflicting with the sheets! At this point I turned to God but then I realized the request was very petty and He had more important things to do! I wrapped my body like a Mummy in my good sheet and fell back to sleep, only to reawaken every hour after that with the same problem. WHY oh WHY did I not just change the whole sheet set at 11?? Can we say..... Dumb??? My big question is... Why would any company sell sheets that are made of "micro fiber"? Only baby Cooper can really use these sheets as his skin is so soft! Needless to say when I got up at 6 this morning the sheets were the first thing to go! Aaahhhh, cotton.......

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL - so sad! I can only imagine the broken heart you felt when realizing that they were not going to feel like butter against your skin. Instead of a crisp clean cotton sheet it was as if you had been met with a piece of sand paper - only to interfere with your feet and the comfort of spring time and no socks.
I am sorry for such a let down -
I will let Cooper know he will be getting new sheets =)

Tammy said...

YOUR SICK!!!

DeAnna said...

He might be getting two sets , if I have the same problem. lol.....

sorry Nonny

Tammy said...

Come on Nonny that was funny! No sorry needed!! lol

Jennifer said...

Dang funny! :)