Friday, June 5, 2009

Divorced parents....

We all know I have been divorced for 10 years. Now, Dan is getting remarried in the fall. Sweeeeet, maybe he will finally stop groping at me? Anyway, so being the good Mommy that I am, I call to congratulate him and let him know how happy I am for him.. (go me, no more groping) He is shocked as he had informed our eldest that she should not tell Mom as I will "freak out". REEEAAALLLLY??? That was the funniest thing I had ever heard. I found it funny as I figured anyone crazy enough to marry him must be a nut job? (like me) I am really very happy for him and though I thought it may effect me some it has not as again I figure he just may stop grabbing at me.(s though we are still married)Anyway, so I tell him that I think it would be best if we tell the Drama queen together so that we may show a united front with this very delicate news. Again he is shocked? Hello??? Christ is the center of my life so why would it effect me?? So, he says he will be in town on Saturday and we can do it then. Then he says "by the way" "Lisa will be with me" Wonderful! How did I possibly get myself into that position when all I was trying to do was be a good Mom?? He says it will be awkward with her there but that she is going to be him for a graduation he needs to go to. Wonderful, bring her with I tell him. The more the merrier! (I really hope she has enough decency to go to another room as we tell the kids) He also wanted to know if I wanted to do it at Sissy house as that may be more comfortable for me?? Pleeeease! No, definitely my turf. I just hope she does not think that he left this beautiful home as the house was a pit when he left and I have put much time and even more money into making it the beauty it is and he in no way deserves the credit! OK all set for Saturday! Yippee! So I was thinking how to make it better and I thought that I would have Sissy, Bri and the boys come after Dan and Lisa get here just so the boys can run in and yell Grandma all excited as they do every time! Judes nixed that I idea, telling me it was wrong! Good to have a Mom to put you back in place when needed! I will just rely on my faith to get me through Saturday and really what more does one need other than the beautiful peace that our faith in God gives us.....

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Nope he is goingto continue to grope you! LOL