Thursday, June 11, 2009

Good Mommy??

I think I was a good Mommy last weekend?? I got through the "Dad's getting remarried" thing and managed to be very nice to his Fiance. I actually felt really bad for her and not just because she is marrying my cast-off. She looked very uncomfortable the poor thing. After Judes reminded me that God takes care of the little birds in the forest so why wouldn't he take care of me in my time of need? I was all set. I got through it but poor drama queen was devastated! She still believed that we would somehow get back together even though it has been 10 years since the divorce. It really breaks my heart to see her in such pain and although it is what really is best it doesn't make it any easier. So, I played the good Mommy and welcomed them into my home and fed them lunch. He then left me with the mess of his daughters broken heart. Do you think the the "good Dad" (term used loosely)could have called her at all this week to see how she was doing?? Even when I called him to tell him she was having a hard time and to please call her he chose not to as he said I baby her to much! Baby her?? Pleease? I would like nothing more than for her to get past this whole mess, that, WE created in her life! Anyway, I handled it the way I thought God would have wanted me to and that's it. What more can a Mom do?? Oh yeah, when it was all over and they left I stated that she was nice to the rest of my children and my dear Brian said she was nice enough but "not as nice as you, Mother in law"! (his affectionate term for me) I love that boy!

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

Nonny u did an amazing thing, not many people could have handled it. I know God helped you, but u still get an atta girl from me.

I love you bunches ~!!!!

KJ said...

dont forget you werent listening when brian said that....muahahahahaha! ;)

Jennifer said...

He does love his Mother in Law doesn't he?

The time was not the most fun but it is done and hey at least you were able to see the she-man!!