Monday, April 13, 2009

Music of Heaven??

I believe yesterday I heard for the first time, what I think must be the music of Heaven and it was played at my very own Church! We have a wonderful music director (not sure if that is his title or not) anyway, Mike put on what was clearly a glimpse of what can only be described as the music of Heaven. He conducted what appeared and sounded like an orchestra (though I have never seen anything like it in the 9 years I have gone there) and I recognized all the people playing. He also had the choir in the background and it was truly amazing!!! When he started the first song "and can it be though should gain" Sissy and I turned to each other with our mouths open in true amazement! Now I thought I had heard everything there was to hear in music throughout my life, music is something I truly enjoy and now have settled with the great fulfillment that MERCYME gives me. But when Mike started conducting the orchestra it truly made my eyes mist. They sang and played 3 more songs, just as beautiful as the first. What a glorious way to start my favorite holiday!!
We then went to my house for a bbq and were playing outside when my dear sweet Nikolas (only 5) decides that he wanted to fly a kite. He got uncle Danny to help him, Pooky told him there was not enough wind out so he asked me to get the big thing from uncle dannys room. Not knowing what he wanted I told him to just go get it..... What did he come back with???? The FAN from his uncles room!!! We are not talking a small fan either as it was bigger than my sweet little boy! He drags it out onto the deck and states that we can use this for wind!! Is he not the smartest little 5 year old on the planet??????? What a sweet and intelligent boy he is!!! So darn cute!!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ditto! I was so amazing!!! I hope they repeat it again!!!!

Jennifer said...

I love my son! It's so wonderful to see how his young mind thinks so purposefully!

DeAnna said...

I would have pee'd myself laughing. Soooooo the question is did it work? Or did you even humor him and try???

gotta love that boy !!!

Tammy said...

Nonny, I felt bad later that night that we did not even try for him! Bad Grandma, thanks for reminding me!! lol