Monday, April 20, 2009

Economy

Whats up with the economy? I know they tell us it is so bad, blah, blah blah..
Why don't they focus on the fact that 92 % of the population is working? Take my business for instance? I have a residential cleaning service, first thing to go in this economic downfall they keep talking about, Right? Have I suffered? No, not really. Why? I am not sure? I have only actually lost a few do to the present situation. But each one I have lost I have replaced with a more lucrative one. Should the cleaning service be the first to go? I would think so but apparently the majority of my clients have it all going on. PRAISE GOD!! Is the difference the fact that all my clients are Christians and therefor have a better handle on their finances because they are directed by God and they must then be listening to Him? Again, I don't know. I still only work 3 days a week and this week I changed my schedule so that I will have the next 5 days off beginning Thursday! Again, PRAISE GOD! Having said all that did I now just jinx myself and my business will fall apart?? Maybe?? Then again, I do have God on my side, so I don't believe in the "luck" or "jinx" theory. How about you?? Have you made decisions in the past that make it easier for you to get through the country's current economic mess?

4 comments:

KJ said...

I am happy that you remain unaffected and are able to thrive! I know what you mean about people focusing on the bad and not the good.

In response to your question...I feel that I have made good decisions as far as saving money so I am in good shape now..however how much money I make is not in my control anymore. We just aren't busy enough for it and even if I give good service and am friendly and happy, people still try to save on their tip. So if the economy doesn't start going back up, I will be working backwards soon!

Tammy said...

Your funny! You have to admit though that you adjusted to the economy so that you can survive?
Such a smart girl you are!!

Jennifer said...

Well, we have been effected heavily by the economy! Thanks to the fact I threw our bills, money and such at you - we are now out of consumer debt - able to purchase a boat with cash this weekend and still purchase things we need on a daily basis. Our savings is growing and we are even more sure of the ability to take a family trip to Disney World in less than 10 months!

I pray for all those suffering and thank the Lord everyday for the blessings He is giving us and the husband I have that is working so hard to provide!

SIL - I know you have been effected - but boy you are so responsible and level headed that when thrown a hard moment - I believe that you will dodge it - be it alone or with the help of the family that loves you!!!

Tammy said...

Nice, Sissy!!