Friday, November 6, 2009

24 hours with Nikolas

Spent a glorious 24 hours with my sweet boy Nikolas. What an absolute treasure he is! I picked him up right after school last Friday for a night with Grandma. We started out shopping at Target (like the poor kid doesn't do that on a daily bases already with his Mom) But going with grandma is so different as he clearly thought as I am sure he does not make the requests to Sissy the way he does with me. By the time we were done I had a minimum of 30$ in just items Nikolas had requested. Walking through the aisles was a hoot as his continued grabbing of products stating "grandma these are my favorites, can we get them?" Really what is a Grandma to do but to ask if they were really his favorites and let him throw them in the cart. I tried hard to steer him to the chocolate wafer oreo thingys but he insisted the vanilla were his favorite. (like he had ever tried them b/4??) It was a bit sad to think that if my 5 year old Grandson knew me at all he would have chosen the chocolate ones! Oh well, on to Sams to pick up pizza as pooky was coming home for the weekend. There he stated he was really, really thirsty and needed a pop even though he had just drank all my bottled water in the car. Fine give the kid the one size for everyone 40 oz that they sell, I did draw the line at filling it with mountain dew! (good grandma) On to home where we unpacked everything and then all the kids came home. At this point it is about 5:30 and I am sitting on the couch talking to Kels and Nikolas says he will be right back. He comes back in 5 minutes with his pajamas on and proceeds to tell me that we need to watch a movie in my room now. Really?? Its not even 6 yet?? Come on Nikolas lets play some more?? Nope so off to my room where we snuggle for 4 of the best hours of my life! At one point he decides that he needs to sleep on my side of the bed and I am thinking oh great now what do I do?? So I tell my precious boy that if he does not move and let me sleep on my side that I wont be able to get to the bathroom and I might pee on him! Yep, I sure did!!! (bad grandma) Hey it worked!! Anyway back to my side and more of the best snuggling I have ever had! He truly is a sweet boy and he loves his grandma! Night came and went and we went to meet the rest of his family at Perkins for breakfast. Nikolas of course sits by Grandma and whispers half way through that when we are finished eating we (him and I only) need to go back to my house! I so badly wanted to say yes but to do so without offending anyone I told him he could not as he had lots of fun things to do with Mommy and Daddy that day. Poor kid did not seem impressed with that thought and that alone made me feel like the best Grandma in the world!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes Nikolas does love him Grandma a whole heck of a lot!! I truly think he would want to live with you if I let him - NO I WILL NOT LET HIM!!

Tammy said...

Your mean!! I always tried to give my kids what they wanted!?