Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Turning 21

No, not me! (like anyone actually thought that) My Pooky bear turned 21 today. It is so hard for me to imagine that my little boy is old enough to do anything, let alone be engaged and away at college? But to turn 21? How could he do that to me?? Where did life go and how do I get those years back? Such a sweet little boy he always was. I remember when he came home from kindergarten that first day and said that some big boys would not let him on the bus. When his Dad and I asked him what he did? Those big brown eyes looked up at us and declared "I just ran through their legs" Such satisfaction on that little face! Where did that little boy go? How could time have gone by so fast? I believe that our spirits choose who we belong to in heaven and I am so glad he chose me. (although what was he thinking??) I absolutely adore the boy. Even when he ticks me off all he has to do is smile or say something meaningless to me and I melt. I think he must know that on some level as he is really good at wrapping me around his finger. I love his humor, his weirdness, his quirkiness, his big brown eyes, talking sports with him, how he trusts and loves his Mommy. I truly am blessed to have him as my son. God really gave me a gift I did not deserve! Happy Birthday my Pooky bear!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I still can't believe he is 21! its kind of sad!

Tammy said...

Boo hoo