Monday, July 6, 2009

Where did the weekend go??

My usual 4 day off weekend started with me trying to be a good grandma and taking the 2 eldest for a sleepover on Thursday. Boy was that fun, actually no it was not! I have found I am the worlds worst grandma? Doesn't every grandma love to have their grandchildren for a sleep over?? Not me! My night consisted of me saying the following.... Jack don't hit Nikolas, Nikolas stop the car and let Jack in, no Jack I don't have jello, yes Nikolas you can have a freezy, Nikolas don't hit Jack, Jack give that back to Nikolas and so on and so on and so on! Really it never stopped, by the time the 3 of us hit my very tiny queen size bed I was exhausted! Nikolas of course snuggled next to me while jack took up 3/4 ths of the bed claiming his "animals" needed bed room too! As we were going to sleep Nikolas snuggled even closer and whispered in my ear " Grandma, how about next Saturday just me and you have a sleep over?" Sounds good to me Nikolas as I apparently can only handle 1 at a time.
My Friday consisted of taking a nap after the boys left (totaly exhausted) then it was time for (only) Sissy to come and get ready for the boat trip. The boat trip consisted of me, Sissy, Bri, Danny, Kelsey and Kelseys mom Sue. Not sure I would like to have someone out of our group with but said yes anyway. Boy did she fit right in! My family does not do well with outsiders and with Sue you would have never known that she had been one. Anyway, the trip started with Sissy getting full of mud up to her knees! Poor thing, but, she handled herself with such grace. She truly does amaze me with all her abilities as I was sure Brian and I would have been cursing and yelling and basically just stormed off and went home! Not Sissy though, she eventually got herself on the boat and off we went. It was a beautiful day and a nice ride to Harriet Island for the taste of Minnesota. Good music lots of very weird people to watch. I think the best part of the trip was being docked and having the wonderful snack tray and champagne. The fireworks display from the boat was simply beautiful although I had wished it were longer? Having dinner on the paddle boat was pretty fun too. I am continually amazed at how nice the boating community is. The ride home in the dark sucked on the boat but awesome time all around! Brian looked good as Captain of his "overtime" boat. To bad he did not have a hat with his boat name on it??
Saturday was spent relaxing with Sissy and company coming to let off fireworks in the evening. Having them over (as done 4/5 times aweek) was the usual relaxing on the deck with music and a drink fun.
Sunday was spent relaxing and now its Monday!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL jack and his animals made brian and I both laugh out loud. I think the one at a time sleepover is great idea. Friday was wonderful and I look forward to doing it again!

DeAnna said...

U R a wonderful grandma and you know it !! Those boys wouldn't change u for anything.

sounds like a great weekend !!!

U know anytime Jen needs a sitter, Corey loves to get away from all of us, so I'm sure he's up for it.

Tammy said...

Can he come help me with them in sept for free??? lol

DeAnna said...

he'll be in school, and about that free thing MMMMMMMMM I dunno u might wanna ask him? lol

remember he is a Halvorson. =)