Monday, July 20, 2009

Bare Escentuals .... The high cost of looking good

So, I went to Nordstroms on Friday to pick up my Bare Escentuals make up I had ordered. The cost was about 160.00 and by Sunday my new make-up had cost me a total of 350.00! Here is the "stupid me" part..
I get the make up home and pile it on the bathroom cabinet (although cabinet implies something big, this one is not) Kelsey tells me after she made them all come tumbling down that maybe I need something bigger for my make up?? Yep, she was right so I decided a over the toilet thing would be great and I go to Menards to find one. They have a metal one that was OK so I bought it. Then Sissy calls to tell me that Target has a huge selection and I head there. Find a great one and take it home to begin putting together! (no I don't put ANYTHING together, I leave it all for Sissy who has the patience for it) Sissy not available as she was meeting with Scott I begin the horrible process. Long story short.. It sucked then Sissy showed up and finished it only to find I didn't like it in the bathroom! Take it all apart and head back to Target. Get the other nice one and baskets for all my make up and get home to put together. Drama Queen and I open the package and the instructions refer to all pieces as A,B,C, etc. NOTHING is labeled with any letters! Finally we get it together (lots of frustration on my part and that is putting it mildly) The bathroom is set but the baskets don't fit. Off to Ikea and back to Target! Finally get home and everything done. Then GREAT, the wall where one cabinet was taken off was painted around it and now I need some pictures to make it look nice. Either that or repaint the bathroom?? (was going to a couple weeks ago I was to lazy) So, off to Kohls to find pictures. At this point it is 8 pm and Nonny is here for our evening together. Yes, I dragged her butt to Kohls with me. We found 2 great pictures and I know the poor girl did not want to go back to my house as she knew I would want to put them up right away and we were supposed to be at Applebees! She did it anyway and the bathroom is now done!! So the make up that only cost 160.00, in the end cost me about 350.00! I spent 2 hours returning all the items that did not work. (thanks to the Drama queen for running into all the stores for me. lol) Oh well, the bathroom looks pretty good and I learned a few lessons .....
1) I still don't have patience 2) don't buy anything unless Sissy is available right away to put it together 3) I have enough make-up

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the lessons - however I am pretty sure you had learned those ones before. I suppose you will conintue relearning those for many years to come!!!

Although #3 I don't agree with - you can never have enough make up - there are new eye shadows, lip sticks, glosses, brushes, full sized mascaras, blushes, liners, more foundation - truly you will never have enough! lol

Jennifer said...

Yes, after I posted that comment I realized there were some sp errors...oh well!

KJ said...

haha when i started reading i thought it was going to say that you dropped all the makeup and it went all over and you had to go buy new everything and thats why it cost almost twice as much haha ha ha

ps the capacha (whatever the thing is called where you have to type in letters so that they know its a real person and not spam otherwise you cant publish a comment) is "mitties" hahahaha i thought it was funny..and wanted to share

Tammy said...

Kelsey~ HUH??? on the PS??