Saturday, May 9, 2009

Telemarketers and my Pooky bear

My Pooky bear is finished with his second year of college and came home yesterday to begin his summer. His humor is something I always enjoy as he makes me laugh so many times a day that I really couldn't say just how much!Even Judes has threatened to smack him already and he has not been home 24 hours yet! So, we are sitting in the living room as the phone rings and of course the first call we get with him home is that automatic call from those awful telemarketers calling to offer to "lower your credit card interest rates". (Where do they get their information from??) Now in the past Pooky has answered the phone as the "man of the house" and as he is politely answering their questions he will ask them to hold on a sec and begins to start yelling at me like he is an abusive husband! It is so funny and I immediately begin uncontrollable laughter as he yells "woman get in that kitchen and make me something to eat" then he will go on verbally abusing me until the person on the phone hangs up! It is so funny people! (my children do entertain me so well) Last nights was the best yet! So the machine calls with an "offer" and I hold for a live person while handing it to Pooky. Pooky says I hope its a woman? While wondering why, a man (of course) comes on and Pooky begins to ask him ( in his bad attempt at a gay voice) where he lives? Then proceeds to ask him how old is he, what is he wearing, telling him he sounded "nice"! All the while with this soft attempt, at a gay voice. I was rolling with laughter as I couldn't believe even my Pooky would go to such lengths to get a laugh! The man eventually hung up. Goodbye, for now, you telemarketer, Pooky's home! Welcome back, my Pooky! It should be a great summer!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Seriously - is there anything I can say? He cracks me up! This one has to be the best one yet!!

DeAnna said...

to think a man that's going to be a cop , still has humor like that. lol.....

wow that was wierd calling him a man! Kinda like you calling me DeAnna.
lol lol lol
i still crack me up !

Tammy said...

Wow, your funny!! lol